An experienced Legal Secretary can earn up to £45,000 a year!
With a well-recognized qualification, you can kick-start a successful career with plenty of room for progression.
Legal secretaries provide administrative support for lawyers and legal executives. Once you have some experience you could become a senior secretary, PA or office manager in a larger firm. You could also go on to further study to become a legal executive or paralegal. In addition, you could also work towards training to be a solicitor or barrister. As you can see, this is an exciting career with room for progression.
A Legal Secretary can work with local authorities, estate agents, the police, or law courts. The daily duties of a Legal Secretary include: preparing legal documents, court forms, and statements, diary management, accompanying solicitors to court or police stations, general admin, handling confidential documents and keeping records.
Our learning material is available to students 24/7 anywhere in the world, so it’s extremely convenient. These intensive online courses are open to everyone, as long as you have an interest in the topic! We provide world-class learning led by IAP, so you can be assured that the material is high quality, accurate and up-to-date.
What are the requirements?
- You must be 16 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English, Maths, and ICT
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
What skills will I gain?
Candidates will learn:
- Legal English and grammar to a high standard
- Basic legal principles
- Extensive knowledge of the English courts
- Legal document production
- How to manage data, keep records and file to a high standard
- How to book appointments and arrange interviews
- How to provide excellent customer service
- About human rights and police and state powers
- How to handle social media in a professional manner
What is the target audience?
- Anyone hoping to become a Legal Secretary
- Anyone who has some work experience and hopes to get qualified
How will I be assessed?
You will have one Quiz and one Assignment. Pass Mark is 50%.
You only need to pay £89 for assessment and certification when you submit your assignment.
What Certification am I going to receive?
If you pass the exam successfully then you will be awarded a Diploma in Legal Secretary.
What careers could I get?
With this diploma, you are able to fulfill various roles, such as:
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Executive
- Senior Secretary
- Office Manager
อัพเดทล่าสุดวันที่ January 19, 2018